Self-care is essential for your mental health and well-being, and listening to what your body needs doesn’t make you selfish, it makes you strong. When we accept ourselves for who we are, when we accept both our strengths and weaknesses, we gain a confidence that makes an impression on the people around us.
Besides, how can you love others if you don’t love yourself first? Self-love is a beautiful thing and it’s contagious. However, I’ll be the first to admit that learning to love yourself isn’t always an easy thing.
Some days getting out of bed is a chore. Some days we let our crippling anxiety and depression get the best of us. Sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise that makes us feel mentally drained.
But it’s in these moments, when hard times shake us to our core and we feel defeated, that restoring your mind, body and soul is most important.
If you can, try to make “me time” a regular habit. Whether it’s turning your phone off for a few hours or giving yourself a nice bubble bath, we all need some extra self-love once in a while.
1. Meditate in a quiet place
2. Have a mini de-clutter session
3. Read an enriching book
4. Take a long, warm bath
5. Burn your favorite candle
6. Go for a long walk
7. Get a massage
8. Have a dance party
9. Write down 10 things you’re grateful for
10. Journal to release your thoughts
11. Indulge in your favorite treat
12. Do something that makes you laugh
13. Get up early, make yourself breakfast, and enjoy your morning
14. Watch the sun rise
15. Create a vision board
16. Plan a weekend getaway and stay at an Air b’n’b
17. Go on a retreat and unplug
18. Slow down and be present
19. Take a nap
21. Binge-watch your favorite Netflix show
22. Have a lunch date with a friend
23. Do something creative
24. Go on a road trip
25. Have a game/pizza night with friends
Download FREE List HERE
How do you practice self-care?
How often do you take breaks for yourself?
Let me know down below!